Tuesday, December 4, 2012

come il caffè espresso o latte?

Making an espresso..

This experience I got when I was at Kuala Lumpur, attending MIHAS (Malaysia International Halal Showcase). As one of exhibitioner (I was a represent from The Dream's Cake), we shared stand with other exhibitioner, a cafe. I was quite interesting with a-really-heave machine that they brought. The machine sometimes keep buzzing. I was curious then asked the barista to gave me a short tutorial.

Espresso Machine
The machine has some important part, such as milk wand (the thing that sometimes buzzing and steamy). And let's make an espresso, querida.. ;)

Porta Filter
Fill the porta filter with grounded coffee
Tamping
After being tamping, it's more pressed and looks more dense
Put the porta filter to the group head and put a cup under it
Then comes out our espresso.. Smell... LOVELY!
Tadaaa! The espresso is yours.. ;)
Espresso its quite too strong for me.. I guess I want a latte..
After we made the espresso, next we made steam milk. Unfortunately they didn't bring the tin teapot, they use  plastic teapot to made the steam milk. So i couldn't see how they made a steam milk using milk wand at espresso machine.
Add steam milk to espresso
He teached me to made a surprise!
A smile on my cup of Latte ;)
Simple latte art like heart shape is one of most easiest latte art I guess. You need a good tip of teapot, so when the steam milk comes out will make foam get shaped.
Love Shape, Latte Art
This was my experience on making espresso and latte. Maybe I just can give you little information. Someday I will learn more if I have another chance to learn more about coffee things! It's really fun and attractive.. Yeah! Someday I will get that experience.. I will share to you guys.. ;)

XOXO,
Galuh Fajriyah Galura



No comments:

Post a Comment