Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Family from Korea

19 June 2013

Anyeonghaseo..

Hey!
Its almost been a year ago right?
Oh I miss you so much guys! Even its only some couple day we spent together.

You know what, I've been so nervous when you guys would came. I almost cancelled to be the host family. Super nervous! I was worried I couldn't be a good host. Worried I couldn't satisfied you guys with your Summer Exchange program to learn about Indonesia. Well, but everything went fine I guess. What do you think? ;)

Okay, first I was invited to Opening Ceremony of UASEP (Unpad-Ajou Summer Exchange Program). At that time I was introduced to two girls from Korea, Go Eun Choi and Seul Gi Bae, and I've been told that I would be a host for both of them. Then we introduced each other and some simple question, all I remembered I was really nervous at that time. I also worried I couldn't be talkative as usual, note that should talk with English. After the opening ceremony I got more nervous, I couldn't sleep well! Thought of everything until it came the time to pick you guys for a weekend with host family.

Came the time to pick you guys, I started super nervous! I came with my boyfriend to Ciwalk to pick you guys. After met you, we are hang around the mall. While wait to be pick by my unlce, we walked around. Then another worried things revealed! Shadza my LO told me that some of these Korean got digestive problems, maybe because of food shocked. I was really worried how to serve food for them. :( And that day I also been told that Go Eun Choi got fever.

Day 1, I asked them where did they wanna do. Gwen (english name for Go Eun Choi) want to bought some clothes, so we decided to go to mall. I was got an idea to ask my boyfriend and his friend (Mutia and Dinda) who know a lot about Korea to joined.  We around the mall, Gwen found some clothes, we went lunch and last a surprising-unbelievable-moment we went to cinema! Yes, at that day Amazing Spiderman had just released. Well, so college student right? Yes! That day I felt I'm a bit failed to introduced things that I would do before, but moreover I felt we have similarities! We're college student, we love hang out, we love to go to cinema.. And I guess all those things more fun and like we more enjoyed the day. After the film we went home (almost an hour we waited for taxi :(, so sorry to you guys made you wait so long time, and thank you to Dinda, Mutia and my boyfriend to accompanied and help much). At night we had a light conversation before bed, couldn't wait for the next day!
Enjoying our lunch before meet Mr Spidey
Thank you Mutia, Dinda, and my boyfriend! :D

Day 2, I planned to take you to the cake shop and a hijab store (they amazed how people wear hijab and really beautiful). Note that at noon I should took them back to the committee, so I should maximize the time. First we went to the cake shop. They like it and enjoy the cake. The next tour was to Ina's Scarf, the reason I brought them there because my friend work there and Ina's Scarf is a hijab store that provide handmade, batik and all stuff are traditionally Indonesia. They were take a look and be make over by Ina's Scarf's crew. Yes! They were really beautiful wear hijab! You guys agree with me, right? ;) After the tour then I planned to took them to lunch but they asked to go home because they wanted to cook for me (is that super sweet right??). 
Korean girls in Hijab! Beautiful!

Special thanks to Teh Fauziah Ardiana and Ina's Scarf crew
Ah, and forgot to tell we did tour at day 2 by most popular public transportation in Indonesia called angkot. :p Can you imagine how to brought a foreigners with angkot?? Well, I still amazed till nowadays to think of that. And they enjoyed although the weather was really hot. Oh, they also really love kiddo! At the hijab store there was a cute girl and they keep play with, then at angkot there was a little boy, and they also like to play with! I'm sure you guys will be a good mom! :)
Talked about what they cooked for me, its a really special dishes! A noodles with Korean tteokbokki sauce that cooked by two Korean girls in Indonesian kitchen. How that is sounds? Great right? ;) . And about the food they was really delicious! Spicy and tasty! They event promised me to sent a tteokbokki originally from Korea.. Oh, I forgot! Every breakfast my mom served Nasi Kuning (yellow rice) completed with beef, kerupuk (a snack that you guys told me to eat while drink beer with friends), tempe and bala-bala (fried snacks). They like it although eat only little. Seul Gi Bae love my family recipe of beef cutlets!
Seul Gi and Gwen were cooking Tteokbokki Noodles at Indonesian Kitchen!

Before pick them to committee, they were playing with my brother and my little cousins, they played football. My grandma wanted to talked a lot but bit hard to talked in english so i translated, but overall she really happy to have you guys. Also my mom and dad, couldn't talk many words, but they really happy you guys come and visit us. :)
with my family

After two unforgettable beautiful days, I learn so many things from you guys. How you guys thought, honest, independence, adaptable, nice, full of respect and how to be a criticize. I was bit shocked when you guys asked sensitive question, but then I answered. Then I learned that's not for intimidate things, but a huge curiosity, that how a student should be. Thanks for visit and write something in my memory, dear Gwen and Seul Gi, so happy to have you here. :) Kamsahamnida..

Although its only two days but its really a beautiful moment to remember. And I remembered we're so sad when its time to separated. Even Gwen cry. :( And its been a year.. Oh I miss you so guys!

Pray for me so I have a lot of money and I can came to visit you to Korea.. Amin
See you again SOON!
Seul Gi - Me - Gwen


Warmest regards,

XOXOXO,
Galuh Fajriyah Galura

No comments:

Post a Comment