Friday, June 21, 2013

What They Don't Talk About When They Talk About Love

21 June 2013

Well, this is another late post. And by the way since I spend time at home a lot, the positive is I could write more, I even could post more than one each day. Well, at least I have something to entertain myself. :)
Have you read the title of this post?
Its actually a title of a film, nice film and really meaningful. Its really a long title, even when I bought the ticket my Indonesian-slash-Sundanese tongue got split. :p
My first impression of the title this would be totally romance film. I was really hope to watch the film, the film was showed at Sundance Festival. Its kewl right? And its originally from Indonesia.
I really like the opening of the film, with song of 'Burung Camar' that sang by some blind student. The film were taken at a school for students with disabilities, especially visually-impairment. Whole of story it told about how this people with disabilities fall in love each other. Started with a hearing-impaired boy named Edo that fall in love with a visually-impaired girl named Fitri. Fitri like to tell all what she feel to an imaginary person called dr. ghost. Then Edo who had eye to Fitri pretend to be that dr. ghost. Many times they spent until Fitri noticed that dr. ghost is a real person named Edo that had hearing-impairment. Then there's Diana who had limited sight fall to Andhika, a boy with visually-impaired. Actually I was a bit confused with every scene. Because its look no completed or continue each other. But at the end, I concluded that its actually about a fall in love things, describe in other way. Like Edo that hearing-impairment that also can't talk and Fitri that visually-impairment. That man love what they see, but woman love what they hear. How Edo couldn't talk even hear, but can see and fall with what he saw. Then Fitri that couldn't see, but read Braille letters that Edo wrote, spent many times with Edo and she fell with. Well love is really complicated to be describe, but it always find its own way.. And happily ever after.. :)

XOXO,
Galuh Fajriyah Galura

No comments:

Post a Comment