Monday, June 17, 2013

Drop the tint: Festival Palang Pintu Kemang

17 June 2013,

Assalamualaikum!
Helloooo!
Being so cheesy for some couple days ago, now I'm ready to share some moments I've ever 'in'. The moment I've 'in' last week is held in Jakarta. Celebrating Jakarta's birthday with so many event held, including the most popular 'Pekan Raya Jakarta', then I heard about Festival Palang Pintu Kemang. First time I was feel a bit awkward, why they held a festival while there will be held a big festival. Then I got the answered that Festival Palang Pintu is one of part in event 'celebrate Jakarta's birthday' that held in South Jakarta, its like the opening of whole big event. Well why it called Festival Palang Pintu Kemang? The reason is the event held at along Kemang street and its like closed the entire street.

This year was first time I joined this event. With some stages and lots of carnival tent full of any tenant that sold so many things; foods, clothes and crafts. Well, my eyes blinking! So many food! Like a warn to my wallet and my heart and my eyes and my tummy! :p 

Well, on day 1 event they told me that there will be the-well-known-governor-of-Jakarta Mr. Jokowi to opened the event. Just wait and wait, they were some people (mostly men) wore that traditional clothes, some of them ride dokar (horse's cart) they convoyed along the street, and there were no Jokowi. Then there were also some stages, I was during my duty so I didn't sure what was happened at stages. The festival in my mind was full of traditional convoyed, traditional food and so many people came include many foreigners (I heard that near Kemang there are expats' residence). But until the noon came, no more traditional convoyed.

Along the day, originally Jakarta's weather is so hot then came heavy rain until almost night. And the most horrible thing that completed the day was the flood. :(

I was hope would be better in the next day, yes it was a bit better. In the middle of the day, they were many traditional convoys, such as Ondel-ondel, Reog, Marawis, Barongsai, and so on. But unfortunately they convoyed too fast and looks not completed each other, I though that it would be a lot entertained when it looks had a story to made the traditional convoys, it would be great rather than just watch half then half then half convoys. It really such a pity that just few of traditional convoys showed. Maybe it would be good if there were also little kiddo with traditional clothes also did the convoys.

The visitors who came also only few, I thought maybe because of little promotion or maybe not really interesting event. :( I thought this festival would be a great event to promote how Indonesia especially Jakarta. Hopefully would become an experience for next event somehow to be more 'traditionally' Jakarta. And also the cleaner crew to provide the trash bin everywhere so the street keep clean. And the best part of closing this event was the FIREWORKS!!! *unfortunately I didn't take the picture of fireworks.

Ondel-ondel
Ondel-ondel: Jakarta's Traditional Giant Puppet
Kerak Telor (Jakarta's Traditional Food, made from egg, rice, cooked without oil)
Rujak
Soto Mie Bogor
Tahu Gejrot Cirebon
Accidentally being captured while selling to Bertrand Antholin (while I didn't realize its him!)
XOXOXO,
Galuh Fajriyah Galura

PS. I will go around Indonesia and around the world! Join other festival and gonna share the story to you guys... Insya Allah.. Amiiin.. Pray for me, okay? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment